Bushfires occur every year in different parts of Pakistan. While some countries in the world have a climate that is conducive to bushfires, there’s no excuse not to be prepared for the unforeseen. So, here are a few precautionary measures you should know in advance to educate the people around you:
- Always keep track of potential wildfires in advance by checking with the local authorities.
- Consider subscribing to insurance plans for your valuable possessions. Most insurance providers in Pakistan cover the damages caused by fire.
- Avoid contributing to human-led factors of wildfires. Report any such incident to your local authorities immediately.
- Projects related to agriculture should go under assessment of whether these are prone to bushfires or safe for woodlands.
- If you have a garden or live nearby wild bushes, try to keep the grass moist through mulching or by using other non-combustible ground coverings such as pebbles.
- Keep flammable fuels and materials away from your house and away from bushes.
- Keep long hoses in your garden – long enough for them to reach all the areas of your property.
- Create a personal protection kit for every member of your household.
- Ensure all trees and grass on your property are properly trimmed.
- Install fire alarms and timely check that all are working.
Moreover, you should also know that wildfires can start in any season or any time of the year. But in most countries, the red flags are usually seen in early summer or throughout autumn. No matter what, after reading this guide, you should now be better prepared for any such unexpected happenings.
For more informative posts, subscribe to Bin Sadiq International Real Estate Blog. Also, do not forget to visit our Facebook page.