Let’s take a look at a few things to do if you get stuck in the snow:
- Make sure to stay with your vehicle as it can be your temporary shelter and helps rescuers to easily locate you. Try not to walk even a few steps away from your vehicle. If you are stuck in severe storm conditions, you can lose sight of your vehicle because of blow slow and might become.
- Stay warm by insulating your body from the cold with whatever is available. Things like floor mats, paper maps, newspaper or any type of clothing item can be used for this purpose. Try to pre-pack warm clothes and blankets that can be used in case of an emergency.
- Try not to lose energy and keep your body warm. If you are digging your vehicle out of snow, don’t exert yourself, stop immediately if you feel tired.
- Make use of brightly coloured cloth and tie it to the antenna of your car to be visible to the rescuers, which will make it easier for them to locate you. You can even place a piece of cloth on the rolled-up windows of your vehicle to signal distress.
- When night falls, don’t keep the headlamps on, instead, turn on your interior cabin light if possible as it uses a small amount of electricity and lets your car’s battery last longer. and will make it easier for rescuers to find you.
- Before getting back on the road, check whether the exhaust pipe of your vehicle is clear or has been clogged with snow, ice or mud. In the worst case scenario, a clogged exhaust pipe may result in the gas leak of deadly carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment if the engine is running.
- One of the best ways to conserve fuel in such a situation is to only keep the heater and engine running long enough to maintain bearable temperatures.
This brings us to the end of our blog about road safety tips for driving in snow. If you know something useful that can be added here, please feel free to share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your valuable suggestions mean a lot to us and help us in making our pieces more informative for our readers.
Fog is another big challenge for people driving in winter, especially in the regions of Punjab. However, to reach safely to your destination in such a weather condition, you can make use of these road safety tips for driving in fog.
To read more of our lifestyle guides and informative pieces based on travel and tourism in Pakistan, stay tuned to binsadiqinternational Blog, the country’s best lifestyle blog. Catch all of the latest updates from our blog section by subscribing to our newsletter and YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Also, keep reading binsadiqinternational News to stay up-to-date with the latest news.